The following Jan. 15, 2017 crime report was supplied by LAPD Senior Lead Officer Michael Moore of the West L.A. Division. Arrests do not indicate a conviction.
GRAND THEFT AUTO
17300 Pacific Coast Hwy, 12/21/16 at 11 PM. The suspects (#1 male white, brown hair, 40 years, #2 female white, 40 years NFD) befriended victim and asked to borrow his car to go to the store. Two days later the victim realized that the suspects failed to return victim’s vehicle.
BURGLARY/THEFT from MOTOR VEHICLE
- 400 East Channel Rd, btwn 1/13/17 at 7 PM and 1/14/17 at 5 AM. The suspect entered victim’s vehicle and took a backpack and laptop computer.
- 15700 Bowdoin, 1/12/17 btwn 3:23 PM and 3:26 PM. The suspects (#1 male Hispanic, black hair brown eyes, 5’4″ 30/40 years, #2 female Hispanic, black hair brown eyes, 5’2″, NFD) smashed the windows of two vehicles and took a alptop computer, backpack, and money.
- 400 Entrada, 1/12/17 btwn 2:55 PM and 3 PM. The suspect smashed a window on victim’s vehicle and took a laptop computer.
- 500 Alma Real, btwn 1/10/17 at 10 PM and 1/11/17 at 11 AM. The suspect smashed a window on victim’s vehicle and took a cell phone and purse.
- 16100 Sunset, btwn 1/6/17 at 4:15 PM and 1/9/17 at 6:30 AM. The suspect entered victim’s vehicle and took guitars, drum cymbals, and a drill.
- 1100 Charm Acres, 1/9/17 btwn 9 AM and 2:30 PM. The suspect smashed a glass door to enter victim’s home and took a computer (recovered outside of victim’s home).
- 1100 Rivas Canyon Rd, btwn 1/7/17 at 11 AM and 1/9/17 at 6:50 AM. The suspect forced open a door to enter victim’s home and took computers and a fire box.
- 1100 Las Pulgas Rd, 1/13/17 btwn 6:30 PM and 11 PM. The suspect smashed a glass door to enter victim’s home and ransacked a bedroom, bathroom, and closet. It is unknown what property was taken.
- 600 Alma Real, 1/13/17 btwn 5:05 PM and 8:45 PM. The suspect entered victim’s home through an unlocked door and took jewelry.
- 500 Chapala Dr, btwn 1/10/17 at 10:30 PM and 1/11/17 at 7 AM. The suspect smashed a window on victim’s home but was unable to enter.
- 100 Ocean Ave, btwn 12/17/16 at 3 PM and 1/7/17 at 7 AM. The suspect, possibly part of an exterminator crew, took two rugs and a china set from victim’s home.
- 500 Palisades Dr, 1/14/17 btwn 10:20 AM and 10:40 AM. The victim left his phone and tablet at location. When the victim returned his property was missing.
- 17700 Porto Marina, btwn 11/14/16 at 12 PM and 12/12/16. The suspect tricked victim into paying rent for a property that the suspect did not own.
- 200 W Channel Rd, 1/9/17 at 1:30 PM. The suspect tricked victim into paying rent for a property the suspect did not own.
900 Temescal Canyon, btwn 12/15/16 at 6 PM and 12/16/16 at 2:30 PM. The suspect cut a power cord to victim’s theater sign.
1100 Charm Acres, 1/2/17 at 10:45 PM. The suspect lit victim’s trash cans and a Christmas tree on fire.